Sunday, April 15, 2012

Out of my creative rut

Thanks to Shimelle, this weekend I have been scrapbooking! I made three pages today and I also photographed a lot of older pages that have just been sitting around for the past few months. Now all I need is to buy a new album so there is somewhere to put them all.

Shimelle had a TON of challenges on her blog this weekend. I really didn't do very many of them, but she had one challenge in particular that really inspired me.

She had this brilliant idea to find a super old piece of paper that I LOVE and make a page kit with it, with all new products. I ended up making four page kits, and today I scrapbooked using two of them. I love that the papers are really old, yet I still love the pages.

None of the pages I made are particularly amazing, but I had a ton of fun.

(This page uses FOUR old papers that were all 12x12, most I got over two years ago.)(This page uses an older October Afternoon paper from the Road Map collection. Its one of those ones that I love too much and I hold onto forever. I matched it with some paper from a Studio Calico kit, as well as some new chipboard clouds, also by SC.)

This next page is for one of the challenges, which is to do an old challenge. So many times I get excited about a scrapbook sketch but never have the time to complete it. This page is an older sketch challenge from one of Shimelle's classes. I can't even remember which one.

(I used my white mr. huey for the first time!! I also used bright cardstock which I never do, and really mixed it up with random pattern paper)
Thanks for looking!

Super fun day. So glad I am finally inspired after six long weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I also enjoyed Shimelles event. I am so glad you got inspired and that you enjoyed scrapping! I signed up for her May class as well. Love your layouts!
    It's fun to use up old paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these layouts. I especially like the camera stip and the last layout is really effective with the circles and the white mist. I too was really inspired by Shimelle's challenges - I love to mix and match papers old and new.

    ReplyDelete