Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The one where Jenn makes Pesto

Woo hoo! I did something domestic.
Not only did I make Pesto from scratch, but I made it from my very own basil plant! (I have one tiny secret though...I had to supplement with Trader Joe's basil since I didn't have enough)

I used my handy dandy Magic Bullet.

I started with just a few leaves, a dash of olive oil and some pine nuts. Little by little I mixed and added more stuff.

I used:  About three cups of basil leaves, (see bowl above) 1/2 cup of olive oil, a little more than 1/4 cup of pine nuts. 

It took awhile to grind up all those leaves, but eventually it worked! I kept adding a little more olive oil each time. It was super quick and easy, besides the part where Matt's eardrums hurt from the Magic Bullet whirring.

Tomorrow night we are going to eat Pesto on top of our Salmon Patties. Can't wait! (I will be eating dinner tomorrow after my very first swimming lesson at Green lake, will keep you updated on that!)



3 comments: