Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Back to Normal

This week is all about getting back to normal. I have been really needing my usual routine. I haven't really felt normal for months! Doing the marathon also set me back a bit, because I had to take about a week off before and after my race. All in the name of staying injury free...which I have so far!

This week I am eating healthy again. Trying to incorporate more protein into my diet, and lots more fruits and vegetables. My goal is to eat healthy and lose a little weight. Two days in...I am really struggling but trying to remain positive and remember that the first few days are always the hardest. My body and mind really loves SUGAR. And its hard to live without. Truthfully I tend to feel much better when I don't eat so many refined carbohydrates.

I am also back to the gym! Doing weights this morning was really hard, but I survived. :)

My next big race will be my first triathlon in Chelan in July. The main obstacle will be learning how to swim, especially to put my head in the water. I have six weeks!

I am so excited to get back to my real self.


And with that, I will leave you with a couple photo of myself and my cute hubby. We were at a rooftop party overlooking Lake Union and took the opportunity for a quick photo shoot. I happened to be wearing my favorite new earrings and fabulous tangerine scarf.

I am so glad its summer. Its the perfect time for dreaming, planning and relaxing!


1 comment:

  1. Triatalon in July.....Hmmmm. Have at LEAST 6 normal weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete