Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The One where Jenn learns to swim and promptly forgets how to run.

Yes that is right.

I had my first swim lesson today. Matty taught me how to blow bubbles and kick.

This may seem super lame-o, but before I started today I couldn't even put my head in the water without plugging my nose.

Thank you Matty for the nice lesson!!

The rest of the story is that after work today I ran around Green lake and couldn't even make it around the whole lake without stopping to take a quick walk. I blame the LACK OF CARBS!! I have been on a pretty low carb diet now for about 8 days and my running always gets affected.

So what did I do?

Ate a delicious apple and almond butter after my run. Now I feel completely better. :)

Matty says don't eat fruit, but I am sneaking in a little fruit before and after exercising. Without it, I am toast. :)

My triathlon check list is getting complete! I bought a swim suit and tri bike shorts and arranged to borrow a road bike and a wet suit. So all I need to do now is SWIM BIKE RUN! This will be my life for the next five weeks. Its coming up.....!!

:)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm not good at swimming, have the some trouble, putting my face in the water. Maybe it would be better with goggles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plan! A bit of fruit with some protein is PERFECT fuel! Can't wait to hear the report of your SWIMBIKERUN! :) LUBM

    ReplyDelete