Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The one with Bacon & Brussels Sprouts

I found a great deal on Brussels Sprouts at TJs! Actually it was Matt that placed this large branch into our cart. Its huge!! We will get two meals out of this one stalk, and it was only 2.99.
It was quite the feat to cut all those little sprouts off the big trunk!

This is what I did next: 
Cut the sprouts in half and add to a pan that's lined with foil.
Sprinkle generously (or not) with olive oil.
Add salt and pepper
Add cut up bacon. I used Trader Joe's ends & pieces bacon.
Cook for 45 minutes at 375 degrees.

Its amazing, I promise!!

Here is what it looks like all finished: (Photo is from 2011, but same recipe)
At the same time Matt was making some delicious Paleo peach cobbler. I'm not sure what the recipe is, but he said all he did was Google "Paleo Peach Cobbler" and used the first one on the list. That is how we cook at our house! :)
Happy Paleo Eating!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks healthy! We made green beans with bacon the other night :) Bacon makes everything better. I've been hearing lots of good things about brussel sprouts recently. Should try some sometime.

    ReplyDelete