There are only 11 more hours until I will be leaving my warm comfy bed and heading to the airport! And yes, that means I will be getting up at 4 am!
Tomorrow I will be flying away to Amsterdam and will spend three weeks in Europe. I hope to keep in touch with friends via facebook chat or skype (if I can figure it out). Otherwise I will be completely UNPLUGGED for 3 weeks. Wow. So excited.
Matty and I made a little video tonight about our expectations and excitement about our trip. I think it will be fun to watch that afterwards! I thought it would also be a good idea to write a list of expectations/excitement here on the blog, so that I can see if it all pans out.
1. I am super excited for gelato in Italy. This has been abundantly clear in our house because I have been RESEARCHING like crazy. Apparently there is REAL and FAKE gelato. In Rome, our B&B is nearby the oldest and one of the best gelato places.
2. I am super nervous to ride those crazy trains.
3. I am super nervous to ride on a plane all the way across the Atlantic. Speaking of this, I am so NOT excited about jet lag. Today Matty and I woke up super early (as I will tomorrow) and maybe this will help???
4. I am SO excited for Paris. Even if it rains. I want to eat some real French pastries. And photograph them, of course.
5. The Cinque Terre has completely enchanted me. I have no idea what to expect. So far I am thinking it will be astoundingly beautiful, yet overrun with tourists. I am trying not to have high expectations.
6. I am SUPER nervous to try to speak French and Italian. I am not nervous at all about Amsterdam or Germany because I am just going to let Joy talk and translate!
7. I am so excited to run in each city we visit. I probably will not run daily, but at least one time while we are at each destination.
8. Photography is really exciting me the most.
9. I can't wait to tape things in my journal with washi tape. That's why I brought four rolls, ha! Oh, and I brought my Tim Holtz tiny attacher. That's probably my most random thing I'm bringing to Europe.
10. I plan to climb the Eiffel Tower and take photos from the top. I also plan to photograph it from the ground. I also plan to photograph it at night with all the pretty lights.
11. I simply do not have time to see everything in Rome. I want to see the Colessium, Roman Forum, St. Peter's Basilica, Trevi Fountain and Pantheon.
12. I want to get lost in Venice.
I thought I would leave this wonderful USA with some parting photographs of my favorite little six month old baby that I got to hang out with yesterday! :)