Saturday, August 11, 2012

The one with the Little Green Steam Cleaner

This week finally feels like summer. Maybe its because of the blackberries that I picked this morning! (See instagram feed for a pretty photo!)

Life around our home has been pretty normal and boring, but in a good way.

Matty purchased an adorable steam cleaner so we could take care of a lovely little cat accident. It was expensive, but I LOVE it. So cute.
I recieved a brown paper packaged tied up with string. Yay! My bag that I'm taking to Europe arrived from France! A picture of the bag will come later, but of course I snapped a photo of the package.
Matty and I had a little date night last night at an Italian restaurant. I have been OBSESSING over online travel guides for the past week, so when I'm hungry, its usually for French or Italian food. I remembered that I had a gift card to Via Tribunali in Fremont, so we decided to go. We loved it!! We both had glasses of red wine and shared a really awesome appetizer...prosciutto, cantaloupe and figs.
I chose a margherita pizza and Matt had one with meat on it, of course. Both were delicious! We felt like we got an "authentic" italian experience, especially since it was really hard for us to order without the waiter's help. All the wines were Italian of course, and not labeled as "Cabernet" or "Merlot" etc. So how do you ever pick? The waiter picked our wine for us and we were both happy with the result.

I wish I had taken more photos! It was almost pitch black in the restaurant, with only lighting from a small candle and the window far away. Oh, well, maybe we enjoyed our dinner more without the constant snapping away!

Only two more weeks until I board that plane to Amsterdam. I'm getting a little excited.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I have a little green Bissel They are cute AND...they work! Hope to see you next week. Happy B to Matt! LUBM

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cute little cleaner! Love your package. Your bag looks great! I'm getting excited too!

    ReplyDelete