Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Only 4 more days!

I run a half marathon this Sunday, March 20th. Its the Mercer Island half marathon, and the course takes you all the way around the island. Now that its four days away I am officially tapering and have to stay away from the gym!!!

My trainer said she wished she could deactivate my membership for a couple days so that I will be forced to take some time off. That's how work out obsessed I am!

Whatever will I do? Its a good thing that my friend Renae is visiting this weekend! It will be a good distraction.

Although I am disappointed that I have to take time off, I do think it is necessary. Today I ran 5.77 miles, ran 2 miles on the elliptical, did 20 minutes of abs, foam rolled my legs, and did an hour weight class. Obviously a little rest is in order if I don't want to injure myself.


On another note, St. Patty's Day is tomorrow! I wonder what we will do for fun this year? Here was last year...I don't know if we can beat this fun night we had!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!

    With all the training you are doing, you should train up to run a whole marathon! I am actually really jealous. I always wanted to run a marathon, but now I probably never will be able to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you took the time off. A big part of training! So glad no injurys!

    ReplyDelete