Friday, November 16, 2012

The One with the Paleo Cookies

I recently promised to post my favorite recipe for grain free pumpkin muffins. As I glanced through my Picassa photo album, I realized that I have NO photos of pumpkin muffins at all...even though I've made them several times and normally take photos of EVERYTHING.

So this reminded me that I should at least share my chocolate chip cookie recipe with everyone. I made these A LOT and I get asked for the recipe all the time! In full disclosure, I got this recipe from an awesome cookbook that I love...The Food Lover's Primal Palate. The website and cookie recipe is here.

You can follow the link, but I will also list the recipe here, with some minor tweaks.

1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 cups blanched almond flour (I use TJ's almond meal)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract (I use Bourbon vanilla from TJ's)
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut oil (I use TJ's unrefined...has a coconut-y taste but YUM!)
1/2 cup maple syrup (I use a little less than a 1/2 cup of honey instead. Its cheaper!)
2 whole eggs
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips

1. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and turn on the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. In a smaller bowl beat the eggs, vanilla and honey.
4. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat well.
5. Add the coconut oil.
6. Mix with chocolate chips
7. Bake cookies for 15 minutes on parchment lined sheets. Watch the time!! They burn pretty easily and I have taken them out at 13-14 minutes before.
Enjoy!! I am hungry now from writing this and want to make some cookies!

In other news, I will have to make some pumpkin muffins soon so I can photograph them and share the recipe!

1 comment: