Monday, December 5, 2011

The cake!

I have never made a layer cake before, much less a four layer cake! I made strawberry and lemon layers so the cake would be a pretty color. I got some ideas on Pinterest that inspired the cake topper.

The cake did not start out very pretty. I cut the top off each layer so that they would stack better:



I had to use an entire can of frosting just to attach the layers and fill in the sides. As I did this, the cake got uglier!



Then I frosted the outside and added some pink sprinkles! This is when I fell in love with this cake! I had to use toothpicks and saran to cover the cake because it was too tall for any lid to fit over it.





I made a little girl clothesline as a cake topper:



And here is the cake as I started cutting it (bad lighting aside!)





Thanks for reading all about my beautiful cake. Now all I need to do is make a Paleo cake! There may be one in the works for a party on Friday....

3 comments:

  1. It's lovely and perfect for a baby girl! I LOVE the Clothsline! Did you use a stamp set ? ( Just think how many babies we are going to get to cuddle!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Love how you used pink and yellow cake for the actual layers! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete