Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thank you

As I was running the Seattle half marathon this morning, I was thinking of writing this blog post! It was an amazing run and I want to thank all the people and things that made my run so wonderful.

First I want to thank these awesome people that I spent last evening with:



We had a great time at the game! These people are like family to me.

And I want to thank this amazing ice cream cupcake for providing me some fuel! (I love carbs!!!)



I also want to thank my FANS! These people have been at all my Seattle marathons (even though watching me finish has been a little lacking!!!) They wake up before dawn and drive me downtown through crazy traffic.





Most importantly, I'd like to thank God for getting me through this race. I prayed that He would keep me injury free, and He did! He always follows through. :)

And thank you Matty for filling me an epsom salt bath and stretching me out and putting bright pink kinesio tape on my leg.

Before I sign off, I can't help but thank the CARBS! I have been on the Paleo diet for 40 days and then 3 days NOT on the diet. Carbs really do make a difference when it comes to running.

I ran Seattle half marathon in 1:51:32, which was a Seattle PR by about 10 minutes. I'm pretty happy with my race. :)

2 comments: